“A wise doctor puts diagnosis before therapy.”
Diagnosis plays a central role in our work at Sporthopaedic Hamburg. It is the first step on your path to recovery or improving your physical performance. Our team uses a variety of innovative diagnostic procedures to obtain a comprehensive picture of your health and physical condition. This enables us to develop individually-tailored prevention strategies and select the best treatment for you.
Our diagnostics include the following services:
- Digital volume tomography (DVT): DVT is a special form of x-ray examination that creates three-dimensional images of specific regions of the body. It is used in particular for the examination of joints and bones.
- Leg axis measurement: This procedure is used to accurately measure the position and alignment of your legs. This can help identify and address the causes of pain, strain or other problems.
- Foot pressure point analysis / Dynamic gait analysis: With these procedures, we can analyse the pressure distribution in your feet while walking or running. This can reveal muscular imbalances that may be responsible for destabilisation of the hip, knee and ankle joints as well as the arch of the foot.
- Spinal measurements: This procedure allows us to analyse the structure and alignment of your spine. It can help us to diagnose spinal disorders and develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This is a very accurate imaging technique that creates detailed images of organs and tissues in your body. It is often used to diagnose musculoskeletal injuries.
- Neuromuscular analysis: This test helps us understand how your nerves and muscles interact. It can help us to diagnose neuromuscular diseases and develop treatment plans.
- Vital nutrients analysis: This test allows us to check if you have a deficiency of key vitamins and minerals that are important for your health and performance.
- Osteopathic diagnostics: Through our experienced osteopath Gregor Strebel, dysfunctions and imbalances, especially of the pelvis, can be identified and subsequently treated in a targeted manner.
Our approach to diagnostics is both holistic and individual. We look at each patient as a whole and take into account all aspects of their health and lifestyle. On this basis, we offer comprehensive prevention programmes and therapy plans tailored to your specific needs. Our prevention and aftercare / early rehabilitation services are closely linked to our diagnostic services and complement each other to achieve optimal results. We focus on early detection and prevention to avoid the occurrence of diseases or to minimise their effects. Our state-of-the-art diagnostic methods help to make an accurate diagnosis and find the best path to recovery.
Take advantage of our wide range of services for early detection and prevention of disease. We are here to support you on your journey to health and performance.